In-Class Email Exercise
Create a Google Docs document. Share it with your partner.
Copy and paste the following questions in the Google Docs document.
Answer the questions using the websites
A Beginner's Guide to Effective Email
, Email on Wikipedia and
101 Email Etiquette Tips.
- What limitations does email have over face-to-face conversations?
- What are the main email headers?
- What should be in the subject line?
- What is the difference between bcc and cc? Give an example
of when you should use each.
- When should you use fancy (HTML) text and when should you send plain text?
- What precautions should be taken when sending attachments?
- What precautions should be taken when opening attachments?
- When emailing a potential employer, what extra considerations should you take?
- What are 8 rules of email etiquette?
- What is flaming? Should you do it?