- To earn an extra 5% AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER ONLY, complete all of the challenge exercises for your grade.
- Print the Challenge Form, fill it out and put it in Ms. Wear's Wire Inbox BEFORE the due date.
- Follow instructions on individual challenge. Assignments can usually be printed, emailed or posted on a website.
- Have a button that changes the color of the background
- Display the current time
- Have a box where the user can write anything, and if they enter it, what they write is displayed in the same div tag as the time
- Contain threes images of horses (using html)
- Contain three paragraph tags, each with a different person’s name in them
- Alerts the user the message “Fred is great!” when the mouse hovers over the image. (use Jquery)
- Hide all images on a page when another button is pressed(use Jquery)
- Change the text color of all paragraph elements on a page. (use Jquery)
Create a website that uses CSS animation. CSS animation lets you gradually change from one CSS style to another. Your website will:
- Have a box move (gradually!) from the top of the screen to the bottom when hovered over, or from the bottom to the top if it is already at the bottom
- Have that box fade from red to blue when a button is pressed
- Have the button get a red border if the box is already blue
Create an animated gif using GIMP. Use at least 10 frames. Have the GIF “loop” without just reversing the frames. Try to have the gif loop fluidly. Use a starting picture from online OR draw a stick man, and modify it so that it moves. It doesn’t need to look perfect, but if multiple frames are from google, the assignment won’t count. Some ideas:
- A stick man jumping
- Somebody or an animal running
- A flag waving in the wind
- Make the cube turn three times as fast
- Remove backward movement. Make forward movement three times as fast
- Create a blue trail that follows the cube. Put the starting point in the middle of the cube.